Message From The President
Dear Prospective Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in CAMFT. As a member, CAMFT will provide you with valuable, practical, and concise information that will assist you in achieving your goals as a mental health professional. Join today and take advantage of the many benefits CAMFT has to offer. Some of which include:
- Phone consultations to help answer day-to-day business questions that mental health professionals have regarding legal and ethical concerns.
- State-of-the-Art malpractice insurance. CPH and Associates provides CAMFT members the opportunity to purchase malpractice insurance at a competitive member rate.
- Highly rated continuing education workshops & annual conference that will provide you with your mandatory continuing education units. CAMFT offers live and self-study CEUs, at a special “Members Only” rate.
- The Therapist, CAMFT’s premiere bi-monthly magazine is packed with valuable information from legislative updates to employment opportunities.
- Information at your fingertips at www.camft.org. The information in our “Members Only” section is available to help answer questions 24 hours a day. View a past article from The Therapist, find a CPT code, discuss issues with other professionals on CAMFT’s listserve, or find a new position, all at a time that is convenient for you.
- Advocacy. CAMFT continues to advocate for mental health professionals, at the state and national level. Currently, CAMFT is sponsoring bills in the state legislature and CAMFT continues to strive for your inclusion in Medicare.
- Members Only Answer Line. Recently, CAMFT introduced a special toll-free line for our members. Our toll-free number will direct you to our knowledgeable staff.
- CounselingCalifornia.com is a free marketing tool for all licensed members of CAMFT. Upon your approval, a web page will be created for you at www.CounselingCalifornia.com.
- CAMFT Community. CAMFT's members-only social network provides you with unlimited opportunities to dialogue and network with your colleagues through online forums and discussion groups. In the CAMFT Community, you can form groups of your own, access numerous reference materials and documents, as well as network with therapists with similar backgrounds and/or interests.
- EBSCOhost: Your CAMFT membership entitles you to free, unlimited access to a database of almost 600 peer-reviewed journals devoted to the fields of psychology and the behavioral sciences. Using this service, you can view and print full-text articles, not just the summaries or abstracts. The search capabilities are also quite impressive!
- Job Board: CAMFT's job board connects members with daily job postings for employment and internships throughout California on the CAMFT website and in The Therapist.
Once your application has been processed by CAMFT, you can begin to utilize these and other member benefits, with the exception of voting. Your right to vote will begin when your application for membership is formally approved by the CAMFT Board of Directors at its next regularly scheduled meeting.
CAMFT exists to promote and enhance the mental health profession! Please join us now in securing recognition for yourself and the mental health profession in the public and private sector, as well as at the state and national level.
If you would like to contact us, call (858) 292-2638, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Email us at InfoCenter@camft.org.
Patricia Ravitz, LMFT
CAMFT Board of Directors