CAMFT JOB OPENING
CAMFT Staff Attorney I
The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) is a statewide organization representing the professional interests of more than 32,000 mental health professionals in California. CAMFT has a staff of 19 people.
CAMFT is looking for a Staff Attorney to provide the membership with up-to-date legal and ethical information through answering daily member calls, writing articles for The Therapist, and presenting legal and ethical workshops. The Staff Attorney conducts research and completes ad hoc assignments, as assigned.
Staff Attorney I Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer member phone calls about common legal and ethical issues pertaining to the day-to-day practice of mental health professionals. The staff attorney would be expected to provide information about statutes, regulations, and ethical codes relevant to members’ legal and ethical questions. The attorney would typically handle 30+ calls a day while completing assignments given by the Managing Director of Legal Affairs;
- Create and present legal and ethical workshops (ranging from 2-6 hours) to the membership, schools, and CAMFT Chapters throughout California on topics related to the profession;
- Write legal and ethical articles for The Therapist related to the profession;
- Create and record legal and ethical webinars (ranging from 1-6 hours) for CAMFT’s On-Demand Learning Library;
- Conduct legal research;
- Attend staff meetings and staff retreats;
- Complete ad hoc projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor;
- Must be a California-licensed attorney in good standing;
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as licensed attorney;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong writing and research skills;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Good demeanor, confident, courteous and patient when communicating with CAMFT members or professional contacts;
- Self-motivated, punctual, and reliable;
- Travel throughout California approximately 15%.
- Licensed attorneys with professional mental health background are encouraged to apply.
- Licensed attorneys/LMFTs are strongly encouraged to apply.
The work day is from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Salary Range (Staff Attorney I): $60,000 - $90,000, DOE. We offer an excellent benefits package including vacation; 401k; medical, dental, vision plans; and more.
Internal Relationship: Report to the Managing Director of Legal Affairs. Frequent contact with all staff.
External Relationship: Frequent communication and contact with individual Association members.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Ann Tran-Lien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAMFT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.