As a Pre-licensed member of CAMFT...
You will have access to the exclusive community, consultation and continuing education you need to help you progress to licensure and beyond. Don’t go through this journey alone! CAMFT is here for you—we are always better together.
Join more than 32,000 Marriage and Family Therapists in the state of California as a Pre-licensed member today!
Membership Benefits include:
- Community and Networking: CAMFT represents the largest network of MFTs worldwide and the opportunity to grow leadership skills and community with other Pre-licensed and Licensed members. Check out our CAMFT Chapters across the state for even more networking opportunities and ways to find mentors and like-minded colleagues. You can also join your fellow Pre-licensed CAMFT members on Facebook and Instagram.
- Job Board: Daily job postings for employment and internships.
- Road to Licensure Support: Our Road to Licensure Resources include test-taking and self-care resources, and regular communications regarding BBS activities and licensing mandates.
- Scholarships & Grant: Three Scholarships and a grant are offered through CAMFT's Educational Foundation each year. Membership in CAMFT is one of the factors considered in the scholarship and grant selection process.
- Malpractice and Student Liability Insurance: Graduate student members are now eligible to receive FREE professional liability insurance coverage through CPH and Associates. Get the details.
- Continued Education: CAMFT offers Educational and Training Workshops that can count toward licensure, advance your clinical skills, and provide information on the road to licensure. We also host regular Pre-Licensed Corner LIVE webinars about a variety of topics to help you succeed in your career.
- The Therapist Magazine: When you join CAMFT, you’ll receive a subscription to our premier member magazine, The Therapist. Each issue provides news and information to help you stay abreast of trends and developments in the field. And, you can GET PUBLISHED by submitting clinical articles or Member Spotlight applications to The Therapist’s editorial staff. Click here for information.
- Advocacy and Grassroots Opportunities: CAMFT continues to advocate for behavioral health professionals, including Pre-licensed MFTs, at the state and national level. CAMFT not only participates in meetings of the Board of Behavioral Sciences and its committees, but also represents your interests in stakeholder forums. Get the details here.
- Legal Team Consultations: Exclusive access to speak to CAMFT lawyers who can answer your legal, ethical, and licensure related questions.
- E-Newsletters: Join CAMFT and receive a free subscription to CAMFT's monthly E-newsletters to stay one step ahead of what's going on professionally in your area. View E-Newsletters.
- EBSCOhost: Your CAMFT membership entitles you to free, unlimited access to a database of almost 600 peer-reviewed journals in the fields of psychology and behavioral science. Access the database of articles now.
Check out our Pre-Licensed Corner for more great information for Pre-licensed MFT’s.